EPE Association: Committees
The European Power Electronics and Drives Association is managed by several committees:
- The General Assembly is possessed of all powers necessary for the achievement of the goals of the Association.
- The Executive Council is the executive body invested by the General Assembly with all the powers of administration and management of the Association. It delegates the daily management to the Board and the Secretariat. It is empowered to take all decisions in the context of policies and major objectives defined by the General Assembly.
- The Board is entrusted to take all decisions of an executive nature which may be necessary between two meetings of the Council and draws up recommendations in respect of other matters that require a decision of the Executive Council.
- The Coordination Committee is responsible for the overall management of the EPE ECCE Europe Conference, including but not limited to managing strategic and long-term issues related to the Event to guarantee the consistency of operations, scope and content of the Conferences from year to year. The Coordination Committee will forward its recommendations to the EPE-Executive Council as well as to the IEEE-PELS Administrative Committee for final approval.
- The International Scientific Committee (ISC) is responsible to the Coordination Committee for the management of the scientific programmes to be presented at the events.
- The Secretariat is taking care of the daily work.
The EPE Secretariat and the EPE Association recognize the outstanding work of Brigitte Sneyers, the Secretary General from 1985 to 2021
EPE Board Members:
President: Prof. Dr. Jean-Luc THOMAS – Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers – France
Vice-President: Prof. Dr. Martin DOPPELBAUER – Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT) – Germany
Vice-President: Prof. Dr. Ir. Elena LOMONOVA – Eindhoiven University of Technology – The Netherlands
Secretary: Dr. Ir. Abdelkrim BENCHAIB – SuperGrid Institute – France
Treasurer: Prof. Dr. Ir. Philippe LATAIRE – Vrije Universiteit Brussel – Belgium