EPE Association: Committees
The European Power Electronics and Drives Association is managed by several committees:
- The General Assembly is possessed of all powers necessary for the achievement of the goals of the Association.
- The Executive Council is the executive body invested by the General Assembly with all the powers of administration and management of the Association. It delegates the daily management to the Board and the Secretariat. It is empowered to take all decisions in the context of policies and major objectives defined by the General Assembly.
- The Board is entrusted to take all decisions of an executive nature which may be necessary between two meetings of the Council and draws up recommendations in respect of other matters that require a decision of the Executive Council.
- The Coordination Committee is responsible for the overall management of the EPE ECCE Europe Conference, including but not limited to managing strategic and long-term issues related to the Event to guarantee the consistency of operations, scope and content of the Conferences from year to year. The Coordination Committee will forward its recommendations to the EPE-Executive Council as well as to the IEEE-PELS Administrative Committee for final approval.
- The International Scientific Committee (ISC) is responsible to the Coordination Committee for the management of the scientific programmes to be presented at the events.
- The Secretariat, managed by the Secretary General, is taking care of the daily work.
The EPE Secretariat and the EPE Association recognize the outstanding work of Brigitte Sneyers, the Secretary General from 1985 to 2020
EPE Board Members:
Prof. Dr. Martin DOPPELBAUER – Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT) – Germany
Dr. Philip Carne KJAER – Vestas Wind Systems A/S – Denmark
Prof. Dr. Ir. Elena LOMONOVA – Eindhoiven University of Technology – The Netherlands
Prof. Dr. Ir. Leo LORENZ – EPE Association – Germany (President)
Prof. Dr. Ir. Yves PERRIARD – Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne – Switzerland